Terms & Conditions
ABRIDGED FIBRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The installation and activation fees are prescribed by the last-mile provider, not UrbanConnect.
• All packages are for residential signups only. Businesses, unfortunately, cannot sign up for these packages.
• Although we endeavour to keep our coverage data as accurate as possible, we are reliant on the maps provided to us by our last-mile partners, which may sometimes have inaccuracies.
• UrbanConnect’s full terms and conditions are available at www.urbanconnect.co.za (“General Terms”).
2. Installation, cabling and lead times
• The installation fee includes cabling up to 30 metres. If your installation requires additional cabling, a site survey will be done, after which you will receive a quote from the applicable last-mile provider. Should you choose to proceed, you will be liable for any additional costs incurred.
• Installation lead times are a guide based on averages and will vary. Line activation and connection times need to be added for full turnaround estimation.
3. WiFi router
• A free WiFi router is included with selected providers only.
• The following fibre providers are excluded from the free WiFi router promo as the free ONT provided caters for basic WiFi functionality. No additional WiFi router will be shipped with these orders. This is applicable to the following last-mile providers: o Linklayer o Zoom
• If subscribers with advanced WiFi networks require an additional router, one can be purchased from UrbanConnect at an additional cost.
• A delivery fee of R199.00 will be charged for all router deliveries. This fee will be added to the first month’s invoice.
• For new Fibre installations, router delivery will only be dispatched once the last-mile provider has confirmed your Fibre installation order has been placed.
5. Cancellation fee
• Should a user cancel their UrbanConnect Fibre less than 12 months from installation, or their account falls into arrears, they will be charged a cancellation fee of R2499 incl VAT.
• Cancellations are made as per the General Terms, and will only be accepted with written notice submitted to email@example.com
6. Shaping and prioritisation
• UrbanConnect packages are uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled. There are no usage thresholds so you can use as much data as you like, whenever you like. No throttling or shaping will be applied.